Smee - cv.
Hands Up Puppets Nottingham contact
I am a Children's TV scriptwriter, currently writing scripts for Pre-school animation series.
I have created and produced Children’s television programming.
I am a professional Puppeteer and Puppet Maker.
10 GCSE O levels. 1 A level. St. Martins School of Art.
British Actors Equity. Writers Guild. PRS. ALCS. Screen Actors Guild USA.
Milkshake Monkey 2014 BAFTA Nominated Short Form
Milkshake Show 2008 BAFTA Nominated Pre-School Live Action
Milkshake Summer 2006 BAFTA Nominated Pre-School Live Action
The Christmas Milkshake Show 2009 BAFTA Nominated Pre-School Live Action
Children's Television Series Created and Co-created:
* The Softies Created for Channel 5
* Beachcomber Bay Co-created for Channel 5
* Sandy and Mr. Flapper Co-created for Channel 5
* Tickle, Patch and Friends Co-created for Channel 5
Children's Animation Series Scriptwriting Credits:
* Daisy & Ollie CHF
* Wissper Absolutely Cookoo
* Pip Ahoy CHF
* Wanda and the Alien Komixx
* Toby's Travelling Circus Komixx
* Bottle Top Bill Southern Star
* The Beeps Impossible TV
* Angels of Jarm Impossible TV
* The Milky and Shake Show Kerrupt TV
* Castle Farm Impossible TV
Puppet Series Scriptwriting Credits include:
* Tickle, Patch & Friends Channel 5 Milkshake
* Sandy and Mr Flapper Channel 5 Milkshake
* The Softies Channel 5 Milkshake
* Milkshake Monkey Channel 5 Milkshake
Puppeteer credits include:
* Travelodge (TV Commercial) 2016 ad campaign. "That's Travelogical".
* Dolmio Pasta Sauce (TV Commercial) 2015 Dolmio ad campaign, "The Meeting" and "Stay for Dinner".
* Beagle Insurance (TV Commercial) Blink Productions
* Hyundai (WEB Commercial) Viral Factory
* Hacker time CBBC Series 4 and 5
* The Milkshake Show (BAFTA Nominated) Channel 5
* Smarteenies Cbeebies
* Milkshake Monkey (BAFTA Nominated) Channel 5
* Dappledown Farm Channel 5 & TVAM
* Playbox Ragdoll Citv
* Dotty and Buzz C4 education
* A House That's Just Like Yours Channel 5
* The Softies Channel 5
* Tickle, Patch & Friends (x11 Series) Channel 5
* Top Banana TVAM
* Punctuation Pals BBC Learning - Primary
* The Great Bong Citv
* Big Bag UK Series 1&2 Citv
* Sandy and Mr Flapper Channel 5
* The Slow Norris Citv
* Havakazoo Channel 5
* The Children's Channel & TCC - all on-air continuity from 1993-1995 including:
Ike & Webber, Ratkan Zoo, Ratkan Live, Droibee Time.
Children's Theatre Play-writing:
Dreamtime with Roo Funded by The Arts Council & REEP.
Feature Films: Muppets Most Wanted, Muppets Treasure Island, 10th Kingdom.
Real Time Animation:
I spent 8 months in Hollywood writing scripts for Medialab and Canal+ CG RTA presentations, as well as Performing RTA CG Characters for many Hollywood Studio presentations and working on the resulting productions for NBC and Fox Studios.
I have written, presented and performed similar presentations in Osaka, Amsterdam, New Orleans, Orlando and Hamburg.
T.V. Puppet Maker credits:
I am one half of Hands up Puppets. www.handsuppuppets.com
Formed in 1989 with my partner, Marcus Clarke, we have designed and created over 100 Puppets, appearing as many as 50 Children's Television Series over 25 years.
I am a Director of the Media Production Company Hands Up Productions Ltd.
Teaching EEC Euroform funded lesser language initiative.
I helped to devise a course and teach T.V Puppetry to a mixed age group of Gaelic speakers over a 16 week period. This resulted in the students successfully performing in an award-winning Gaelic TV series that aired on Eire and British Gaelic TV Services.
Teaching Real-Time Animation in the USA and Japan
I taught a mixed age group of primarily Muppet Puppeteers to perform the Medialab France computer animation system in Los Angeles over a 16 week period. Also, a shorter course in Tokyo, Japan.